Note: We recommend that all international customers visit a local carrier which can be found at the 5th avenue mall in downtown Anchorage to get a local sim card. If our drivers can’t reach you then you are responsible for your return trip back regardless of any inconveniences. The company will not be held liable because you are going out into the Chugach National Forest without a way for you to contact us if you run into a problem. The driver cannot wait or go around in circles looking for you. The office will try to contact you should the driver report you as a “No Show”. Remember this is the wilderness and you must be prepared.
- Please be on time as not to delay the shuttle and others who need to be at a destination to connect with another tour operator.
- Please remember that you are with other customers so be mindful. Use your indoor voice, let others participate, be mindful of smells and remember you’re on vacation. Relax and enjoy meeting others. People love to meet other people.
- If you see wildlife let the driver and everyone know. Let’s get excited!
- Remember that the driver needs to speak about sights as they approach, pass or arrive. So when the driver speaks please stop talking. The driver most likely will be trying to give out instructions or directions that everyone needs to hear.
- If you are traveling with another and are an interpreter it is best to sit three rows back as to not talk over the driver trying to give a speech on the sights and attractions. So again, please be mindful at sit two rows back as voices carry and distracts the driver from giving his tour.
- Please do not eat or drink food or beverages that puts off bad odors.
- Please do not wear cologne or perfume that is over powering as the space is small and you will be with others for upwards of 45 minutes to 5.5 hours. Body odors have been a number one complaint.
- Tips are always appreciated when a driver provides you with a safe experience and gives good directions making while making the experience enjoyable.